Winners of the Time Out Highest Photography Class were welcomed
by Sydney's amazing twilight views.
To enter the competition, each entrant had to mention in 25
words or less about their most memorable sunset.
On the evening of the Photoprahy class, Time Out's resident
photograper Kris Baum ran the class of photography
enthusists. Capturing Sydney's breathtaking view, the 1hr
class consisted of camera demonstrations and photoraphy best
practice to ensure optimum shots.
Below are Kris Baum's tips for the perfect picture:
- Hold your camera closer to the window when taking the
- If wearing black or dark clothing, stand close behind the
LESS CAMERA SHAKES:
- Turn shutter speeds as high as possible
BEST QUALITY IMAGE:
- If sunny, try and set your ISO setting on your camera to 100,200
EXPERIMENT WITH YOUR CAMERA:
- Try varying your camera settings like colour balance and
brightness - different settings for different shots
- Make sure your flash is off - this will reduce unwanted glass
- Try taking photos of the ground or the sky - this way the camera
focuses on one set of lighting
Do you live in Sydney? We're offering unlimited entry for the
rest of 2012!
To make getting that perfect shot easier, check out the
incredible Sydneysider Pass, offering UNLIMITED entry for the
rest of 2012 for just $25 for adults.