Our mission is to create truly memorable experiences and we place the utmost importance on the safety and wellbeing of our guests and employees. We have introduced a range of new health and safety measures that seek to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19 that are in line with government advice and the requirements of local health authorities.
Some of the measures set out below may be clearly visible to you from the moment you arrive and others require consideration from guests to help ensure everyone has a magical visit.
Both the Observation Deck and SKYWALK will be closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during school term time.
Prior to your arrival:
- Please make sure you have made your booking online where possible. This includes pre-paying and selecting the date and timeslot of your visit.
- Our valued Annual Pass members can pre-book their timeslot here. We have extended Annual Passes to ensure you can still enjoy an entire year of visiting the attraction.
- Those with pre-purchased open-dated tickets and third-party tickets can pre-book here.
- Before leaving home, please check our Facebook page or website for the latest information.
- Please be ready to make on-site payments using a ‘contactless’ bank card, rather than cash.
- We politely request that you refrain from visiting our attraction should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. Please contact us via our helpdesk should you need to amend your booking.
On arrival at Sydney Tower Eye
- We have significantly reduced the daily ticketed capacity to allow for social distancing and the best possible guest experience.
- Guests will notice new information signage informing them of key safety messages and instructions.
- in line with government requirements we will record contact details for all guests to ensure contact tracing may be conducted if necessary.
- We strongly recommend that all guests over 12 years of age wear a face mask when visiting our attraction.
Q: Under what conditions is a face covering NOT strongly recommended?
A: A face covering is not strongly recommended in our indoor attractions in some circumstances including:
- Infants and children under the age of 12 years
- A person who is affected by a relevant medical condition, including problems with their breathing, a serious condition of the face, a disability or a mental health condition
- Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication
- When consuming food, drink or medication
Q: Will your staff be wearing face coverings?
A: Our staff will wear face masks in the attraction when not behind the sneeze guards.
Q: Do I need to provide a medical certificate stating that I have a lawful reason for not wearing a face covering?
A: Please note that you do not need a medical certificate stating that you have a lawful reason for not wearing a face covering.
Q: What type of face covering is appropriate?
A: While the Chief Health Officer recommends a mask with three layers, any face covering is better than none. This includes a scarf or bandana or a disposable mask, which you should dispose of responsibly by putting it in the rubbish bin after using it once.
Social distancing measures within our attraction:
- We have introduced new arrangements for the application of social distancing within queues and lifts. Clear markers or signage have been installed in our building entry and viewing areas to help guests keep a safe distance from one another. Our employees will monitor the queues and lifts to ensure that social distancing is being maintained.
- At present, 4D Cinema Experience is closed, in line with social distancing requirements.
- We have introduced new capacity limits and timeslots. These restrictions will help ensure there is plenty of room for social distancing.
- Capacity on SKYWALK has also been limited to three guests per walk. There will be seven SKYWALK sessions per day at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm and 6pm. Click here to see more details on SKWYALK.
- We have installed new hygiene screens at our service counters to help physically separate guests from employees.
- We have revised some of our standard operating protocols in order to reduce the proximity of our employees to guests. For example, this includes the way in which we undertake guest service activities.
Hygiene and disinfection measures within our attraction:
- We have introduced enhanced cleaning measures, throughout the day, which seek to disinfect high-frequency touch points, such as tables and chairs, service counters, grab and flush handles, door handles/plates and taps.
- We have introduced new deep cleaning measures in the event that a person presents themselves with symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- We have introduced a large number of hygiene stations/hand sanitiser dispensers around the attraction for guests to use.
- We have introduced new Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for a range of activities that employees routinely perform. These include face masks, disposable gloves, eye protection and hand sanitiser. The use of such equipment and clothing by our employees is both to protect them and our guests.
- As with our employees, we politely request that all our guests uphold the highest possible hygiene standards – whether it be when sneezing or coughing, through regular hand washing or the frequent application of hand sanitiser.
- Our employees now participate in COVID-19 specific training programmes instructing them how to stay safe as well as how to keep our guests safe.
- We are committed to minimising the risk of Covid19 transmission and if you feel that there is a failure in this or subsequently test positive for COVID-19 after your visit, please contact us through STE.POS@merlinentertainments.com.au.
We hope these new health and safety measures provide our guests with confidence and eagerness to us. These are unprecedented times for all communities around the world, and whilst every effort is being taken to protect the safety and wellbeing of our guests, everyone should inform themselves of the risks, conditions and personal responsibilities before they visit.
We thank you for your custom and understanding. Now, let’s make new magical memories together!