Go back to blog
Want the best job in Sydney?
- Wednesday September 2nd 2020
- competition, kids activity
This has now ended, explore more great events here or buy tickets here.
Do you think you’ve got what it takes to deliver a whole new level of fun at Sydney’s best attractions as a CEO for the day? Yes? Then we want to hear from you!
Madame Tussauds Sydney, SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, Sydney Tower Eye and WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo are on the hunt for a CEO – aka Chief Entertainment Officer - to take charge of the grown-ups for a day. These school holidays, one pint-sized boss aged between 6-12 will be hired to complete some VIP tasks while receiving a money-can’t-buy behind the scenes experience across all four attractions.
Among the tasks the CEO can look forward to include:
- Helping the Madame Tussauds Sydney’s studios team ensure their wax figures are in top notch condition before dipping their hand into wax for a take-home wax hand
- Naming and feeding a fish at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium as well as working with aquarists to prepare a lettuce meal for Pig the lovable Dugong
- Helping set up the aquarium’s new Rockpool and assist in a live talk
- Testing SKYWALK staff at Sydney Tower Eye on their knowledge of Sydney and inspecting the ultimate viewpoint
- Overseeing a health check of WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo’s new arrivals; four adorable kangaroos, as well as measuring the cuteness levels of the koala joeys and encountering a snake and lizard
- Learning and contributing ideas on conversation efforts throughout SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium and WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo
- AND go behind the scenes to get inside knowledge on how our attractions operate…plus much more!
The CEO for a day will also receive a fun prize pack which includes family passes (x2 adults and x2 children) to come back and enjoy each attraction at their leisure as well as a range of other goodies.
How To Enter?
To be in the running, kids simply need to get mum or dad’s help to record a 30-second video ‘resume’ explaining “Why YOU deserve to be the CEO (Chief Entertainment Officer) for a day at Sydney’s best attractions”. Once recorded, simply upload it below. But be quick, entries close on Friday 18th Sep!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Sydney Big Ticket’s ‘Best Job in Sydney’ is a competition and the winner will be selected by the Merlin Entertainments Australia team, chance plays no part in determining the Winners.
- Entry is open to residents of NSW, however travel or accommodation will not be provided for any successful entrants. Employees and immediate families of Merlin Entertainments, and their associated agencies and companies connected with this competition are not eligible to enter.
HOW TO ENTER
The competition will be held once:
- Entries will be open from 8 am Monday 7 September 2020
- Entries will close 11.59 pm Friday 18th September 2020
- Merlin Entertainments will select the winner. The winner will be notified by Merlin Entertainments on Monday 21st September 2020
- To enter, participants must record a 30-second video explaining ‘why you deserve to be the CEO (Chief Entertainment Officer) for a day at Sydney’s best attractions’. Once recorded, upload the video to sydneybigtickets.com.au/CEO
- By submitting content, a user thereby accepts the terms and conditions laid out within this document.
- By submitting content, you understand and give us permission to share your entry video with the public whether it be via social media or through various media channels
- Incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid.
- Entrants in the competition may only enter once
- The Prize must be redeemed between the dates of Monday 28th September and Friday 2nd October 2020, on a date agreed by Merlin Entertainments and the winner
- The Prize for one winner includes:
- A behind the scenes look at Madame Tussauds Sydney, SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, Sydney Tower Eye and WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo
- A prize pack including family passes (x2 adults and x2 children) to enjoy the attractions at their leisure
- Partaking in ‘boss like’ activities across each attraction, with examples including but not limited to;
- Name and feed a fish at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium
- Prepare a lettuce meal for the Dugong at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium
- Set up SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium’s Rockpool and assist in a live talk
- Assist with the upkeep of a wax figure at Madame Tussauds Sydney
- Test SKYWALK staff at Sydney Tower Eye on their knowledge of Sydney
- Oversee a health check of WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo’s new kangaroos
- Meet the koalas and hold a snake and/or a lizard at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo
- Learn about conservation efforts and contribute ideas
- By winning this competition, the participant consents to having their prize day recorded and shared through various channels including social media and media outlets.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity; proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- Entrants must have permission from a parent/guardian over the age of 18 to enter.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including delays in the posting of responses due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- The cost of entering the competition will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
- Prize consists only of the elements detailed above; all additional expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The Prize will run over a total of four hours and will be divided into two-hour segments. A one-hour lunch break will be available between each segment.
- Winners may bring along members of their immediate family.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Each valid entrant will be judged by the Merlin Entertainments team. The judges will select the winning entry, based on the most creative and/or original, in the context of the competition.
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
- The promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result or winning entries.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, and delay in operation or transmission; a communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserve the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion. Information supplied when logging your comment will be used by Merlin Entertainment to contact you in the event your video is selected as part of the shortlist or is the winning entry. No further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- The Promoter is Merlin Entertainment 1 - 5 Wheat Road, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia. ABN: 51147624557
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Facebook or Instagram membership and the use of Facebook or Instagram generally are subject to the Instagram prevailing terms and conditions of use. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. Entrants are solely responsible and liable for the content of their entries and any other information they transmit to other internet users via Instagram. To the extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and forever hold harmless, Instagram and its associated agencies and companies, against any and all losses, actions, claims, costs, expenses and damages (of any nature) which may be incurred by an entrant in respect of the entrant’s participation in the promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram.