Go back to blog
May The Fourth Be With You
- Thursday May 4th 2023
- Star Wars, Charity event, Children, SKYWALK
THE VIEW IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE
To celebrate Star Wars Day (also known as May the Fourth), Merlin's Magic Wand, a charity for children, had a grand plan for a group of heroic children from The Children’s Hospital at Westmead and Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick. They would be transformed into Jedi Masters as they climbed The Sydney Tower Eye, creating a legendary image of the past.
The posse of brave patients ascended to 268 meters in the air, completing the Sydney Tower Eye SKYWALK and boldly following in the footsteps of Mark Hamill, Billy Dee Williams, and Darth Vader. They were not alone, however; Darth Vader, a Jedi Knight, and an AT-AT-Driver, were present to help recreate the 43-year-old image for the special day of May the fourth.
Set against the stunning skyline of Sydney, the trainee Jedi’s were taken on an adventure with a one-of-a-kind lightsabre demonstration from a Jedi Master. This unique group included siblings 11-year-old Jasper and 14-year-old Millie, sisters 12-year-old Elyse and 14-year-old Georgia, and 11-year-old Indyana. The breakfast and the exciting experience was something they will never forget.
Merlin's Magic Wand and The Sydney Tower Eye team worked hard to give the special group of children an unforgettable day. Jessica Cooper, Senior Community Relations Officer at Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network, was truly grateful and expressed, “We’re incredibly thankful to Merlin’s Magic Wand and The Sydney Tower Eye team for making such lasting memories.”
Star Wars Day, is celebrated each year to commemorate the iconic media franchise of Lucasfilm and George Lucas. In the famous words of Obi-Wan Kenobi "May the Fourth be with you".
- You are required to book a date & timeslot before your visit
- View 360 views of Sydney & visit our observation deck
- Price includes Digi Photo Pass with 8 digital photos included – valued at $26!
Ticket Type Walk-Up Price/Peak online Off Peak weekdays High Demand Pricing: Adult From $33 From $26.40 $35 Child (3-15 yrs) From $25.00 From $20.00 $27 Student/Senior* From $26.00 From $20.80 $28 Child (0-2 yrs) FREE FREE FREE
Please note: Our ticket pricing is subject to available capacity and prices may fluctuate during periods of high demand.
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (18+)
- 60-minute experience, including fully guided SKYWALK tour around the outside of the top of Sydney Tower
- Access to the indoor Observation Deck before and after your SKYWALK tour
- Minimum number allowed to book is 2 people. Due to health and safety reasons we are unable to cater for single persons on SKYWALK
- Book Online To Guarantee Entry